Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking at trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 12 Oct 2012 22:25

I have been given access to look at someones tree but how the heck do I find it please, this site has altered since I last looked a t a tree thankyou

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Oct 2012 22:38

Either find them on your contacts list, and use the link from that, or...

Go to your tree.
Under your tree name is 'view other trees' - click on that.
In the middle of the screen a box called 'Tree Dashoard' will open
There are 2 tabs - my trees, & Trees shared with me.
Click on the 2nd and start to type the name where it says 'Search Tree name here'

Alternatively you can scroll through all the names on the Dashboard of the trees open to you. They are arranged alphabetically by first name, with 10 names to a page.
You may have to use the scroll bar on the right of the Tree Dashboard, or change pages by clicking on the other page numbers at the bottom of it.