Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

John & Ralph Rogerson WW1 Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roger

Roger Report 19 Oct 2012 21:43

Hi,

I am desperately trying to track down the military history of my grandfather and his brother during WW1. My grandfather was John Rogerson from Widnes, Lancs, and I believe he saw service with the Royal Army Medical Corps. I have a photo of him with his parents in which he appears to wearing a 'hospital uniform' and I know he was a total invalid by 1948. He was born in 1896. His brother Ralph Rogerson was born in 1891 also in Widnes and I think he saw service with the Royal Army Bicycle Corps ! I would be eternally grateful if anyone could supply me with any details of either brothers' military history and offer my thanks in advance.

Best regards to all,

Roger :-D

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 19 Oct 2012 21:53

Hi,

these are possibles with the RAMC;

John Rogerson Royal Army Medical Corps 120

John Rogerson Royal Army Medical Corps 2181

John Rogerson Royal Army Medical Corps 121056

Not sure which 1 though.

sadly alot of WW1 service papers were burnt in the 2nd WW

BatMansDaughter

BatMansDaughter Report 19 Oct 2012 21:56

British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920 about Ralph Rogerson
Name: Ralph Rogerson
Regiment or Corps: Royal Army Medical Corps (Territorial), Army Cyclist Corps (T), Army Cyclist Corps (T)
Regimental Number: 1897, T4/251838, 2584

Reggie

Reggie Report 19 Oct 2012 22:12

Only 30% of WW1 records survived enemy action in WW2

Roger

Roger Report 20 Oct 2012 11:01

Thanks so much for your replies. Q. to BatMansDaughter - what do the numbers after the respective John Rogerson's mean ? Are they their army numbers ? Think you're spot on with Ralph, wasn't sure if he was in the RAMC or the RABC, seems it was both ! Is there any reference anywhere regards war injured ? I would love to find out where John and Ralph actually served and where John may have been injured, as, as I mentioned I have a photo of him in hospital uniform.

Thanks again for the help,

Roger