Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LMA and Dorset Archives Closed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 2 Nov 2012 15:07

London Metroplitan Archives will be closed from 1st November reopens on the 19th November,{ For stocktaking.}

Also the Dorset History centre close 12th November reopens on 13th November {for structuarl work}

Please keep to the top so when other come on later can see this. Thank you

emilyempstead

emilyempstead Report 2 Nov 2012 18:15

Thanks for the reminder. Last year I didn't check the opening times before I went up to the LMA and found they were doing their stocktaking! And I was desperate to spend a penny. A very kind security man there took pity on me and I entered a very quiet LMA!

Jill

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 2 Nov 2012 18:33

I had for got its this time of year they do it/ A friend of mine who goes everyday its open lets me know.. But hadnt heard from him. Saw it in this months your family history magazine.

Yes i normal need a wee when i get there. Lucky he saw you and let you in.

Hazelx

ChristinaS

ChristinaS Report 2 Nov 2012 20:44

Thanks for the reminder Treehunter. I wouldn't have thought of checking beforehand.

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 3 Nov 2012 22:48

nnnnnnnn

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 5 Nov 2012 19:38

Mmmmmmmm