Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Backup from Find My Past?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

simon

simon Report 25 Nov 2012 16:09

Can anyone help? I want to copy/back up (and/or print) my family tree and other data from Find My Past to my laptop in another software. At the moment it seems that all my data is the "property" of FMP and I am completely dependent on them. How do I copy my data. Please help! Thanks, Simon

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 25 Nov 2012 16:49

Simon, suggest you contact their customer services.

They don't currently allow import of gedcom files so doubt you're able to export in that format either.

From their website:

"We are in the process of moving to a new version of our family tree. The new tree currently does not allow you to import a GEDCOM but we're working on introducing this feature very soon. Full FAQs and functionality will follow soon – in the meantime, please contact our customer support team if you have any questions."

Margee

Margee Report 25 Nov 2012 18:42

Another good reason not to have your only tree online. Have your main tree on your home computer on a program such as FamilytreeMaker. Also keep a copy of it on CD or memory stick.