Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Retreiving Attachment

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppycat

poppycat Report 6 Dec 2012 23:00

Can someone advise as to how i can retreive an attachment [Photo] from my Message in my Inbox.
I have clicked onto attachment along side of Message, but just goes to Message only. :-S

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 6 Dec 2012 23:27

When you actually have the message open then there should be a button to retrieve the file. If I remember correctly it's at the bottom of the message and says "get attachments"

poppycat

poppycat Report 7 Dec 2012 00:49

Hello Celeste

Sorry no button as such or 'get attachments'
Before i opened message had a paper clip icon on right hand side, but cannot click onto that either.

I tried to copy & paste my message also that doesn't seem to apply anymore since major upgrade to this site. Most annoying.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 7 Dec 2012 01:03

Strange because I have just done what MarieCeleste says and it works fine.

Opened the message and it does say underneath in blue - get attachments. Click on that and it should then bring up something with possibly JPEG showing. Got one that brings up three attachments.
Click on that and then choose open or save.

poppycat

poppycat Report 7 Dec 2012 02:40

Celeste & GlitterBaby

Have just checked my Messages again & this time appears in Blue 'Get Attachments' for some strange reason it has appeared and i have gone back quite a few times now to my Messages.

Many Thanks!