Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 21 Dec 2012 12:12

Has anyone else experienced what I've been having - I clicked on my Family Tree yesterday and got the rays going round the sun with the words please wait - and 6 hours later the tree had still not loaded, I've tried again today and the same thing happens.

Am I the only one??

DS

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Dec 2012 12:38

Mine's working OK. If it persists, contact the Genes Help team.

david1947

david1947 Report 21 Dec 2012 20:43

Mines not working.I have tried a few times i have my tree page showing click on ancestor the top bar loads then i sit here twiddling my thumbs .

Flip

Flip Report 21 Dec 2012 20:58

Mine's working ok too, so think you may need to contact the help team as Andysmum has suggested. Once you get access export your gedcom - just as a backup!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Dec 2012 22:32

You'll probably be told that your operating system is to blame

david1947

david1947 Report 4 Jan 2013 08:39

I am not sure if it is the GR system or my laptop but i am still unable to go past the first loading bar when i am on the Family Tree page ie when i click ancestor the top slider loads and goes no further. But if i then click list, that comes up ok then click
pedigree/ancestor/full, it loads ok. A trip around the houses seems to be working. at the moment.