Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SHARED TREES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 28 Dec 2012 06:40

Alternatively (the way I usually do it)

Go to My Contacts and you will see a button called View with a tick next to it under the Tree column for any you have access to. Click on View and their tree will open in new tab / window

However you will still need to wait for GR to fix the current fault.

Marian

Marian Report 27 Dec 2012 21:30

Thank you, maybe that's why I couldn't do it.

KenSE

KenSE Report 27 Dec 2012 21:06

When you can access your tree (at present there is a fault with the trees) there is at the top centre the words "View Other Trees"

Select that and it should display a list of trees you have access to. You then select the one you want.

Marian

Marian Report 27 Dec 2012 19:19

Hello, when I get an email from Genes saying someone has shared their tree how do I access the tree, I've only managed to do it once ages ago and now I can't remember. Thanks