Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Permission to view a tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Dec 2012 17:07

Strange thing...................I thought I might have found a match and sent a message to the person. He sent me permission to view his tree but I can`t seem to open it. Now the funny thing is, I got a message , as normal, to my own e-mail address, but it never appeared in my GR messages. Has this happened to anybody else ? Maybe I need to do something else to view but I have viewed other trees before without any probs. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sheila

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Dec 2012 17:18

Have you tried opening it via 'my contacts'?
Jan

jax

jax Report 28 Dec 2012 17:31

You do not get a message on here anymore if someone opens their tree to you....this has been for at least a year I would say, maybe longer

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Dec 2012 18:15

Thankyou so much for your replies. I now have access to the tree.....not a match I`m afraid. It took over 3 hours before I could view it !!! Everything is so slow at GR.............maybe the time of year but it is so infuriating. Even updating my tree is a nightmare.
Thanks anyway
Sheila