Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Permission to view a tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Dec 2012 18:15

Thankyou so much for your replies. I now have access to the tree.....not a match I`m afraid. It took over 3 hours before I could view it !!! Everything is so slow at GR.............maybe the time of year but it is so infuriating. Even updating my tree is a nightmare.
Thanks anyway
Sheila

jax

jax Report 28 Dec 2012 17:31

You do not get a message on here anymore if someone opens their tree to you....this has been for at least a year I would say, maybe longer

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Dec 2012 17:18

Have you tried opening it via 'my contacts'?
Jan

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Dec 2012 17:07

Strange thing...................I thought I might have found a match and sent a message to the person. He sent me permission to view his tree but I can`t seem to open it. Now the funny thing is, I got a message , as normal, to my own e-mail address, but it never appeared in my GR messages. Has this happened to anybody else ? Maybe I need to do something else to view but I have viewed other trees before without any probs. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sheila