Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed please . . . .

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 30 Dec 2012 17:43

Hello,
Sorry to be a pain again, but I have fallen foul from wrong information and now find myself unable to delete certain people and I have tried to delete them to get on the right track, but to no avail.
Is there any way to delete the ones I don't want on my tree, or could GR help me to delete the identified folks that I have ?
Many thanks
Jayne

Jayne

Jayne Report 30 Dec 2012 18:14

Hi Folks,
It looks like no-one can help with my quest - but thanks for looking for me anyway.
I think it best if I go to the GR people to see if they can help me delete the folks I need to kill off.
Wishing you a happy new year and all the best for 2013!
Jayne

Kense

Kense Report 30 Dec 2012 20:59

Jayne, this is taken from the Help FAQ on this site.

"You can only delete a name from your tree if it's at the top or the bottom or has no other branches attached to it. For example, you can remove or delete the child of a relation. You will see a message saying you can't delete a relation if other names are attached to that person. You'll need to look at your tree and either remove names from the bottom upwards or from the top down, depending on where the relation is that you want to remove."

Apologies if this is not what your problem is.