Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Outward passenger lists 1890-1960

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 3 Jan 2013 23:03

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet ?

new , on Ancestry...worth a look :-)

Margee

Margee Report 3 Jan 2013 23:26

Thanks, Rose, I had a look at it and I'm on it! I must be getting old, I'm on Ancestry!

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 Jan 2013 23:30

Thank you - looking right now :)

We are allowed to mention other sites such as ancestry provided that we do not state they are better than GR (so staff posted on here).

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 3 Jan 2013 23:40

I was being cautious Joy lol, I have just found one family definitely mine as the home address is on there too...

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 3 Jan 2013 23:48

:-)

;-)

wisechild

wisechild Report 4 Jan 2013 07:25

Yes. Noticed it yesterday & had a quick look.
Unfortunately most of mine left before 1890, but still useful.

Estelle

Estelle Advisor Report 4 Jan 2013 11:59

Hi everyone, just to let you know we already have these records on Genes:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/search/index/passengerlistsdepartuk1890to1960

Estelle :-)

wisechild

wisechild Report 4 Jan 2013 13:25

Thanks for mentioning it Estelle, but basic membership doesn´t cover searching records.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Jan 2013 14:33

Unfortunately, I've just looked for the family I found last night using the records here, that I found last night and it says "no matches" ?

Margee

Margee Report 4 Jan 2013 14:47

My family is also not on the GR records but is on Ancestry.

Edit: Sorry they are there on GR but don't come up if I enter first names, only if I enter just the surname.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 4 Jan 2013 15:00

Margee I think mine may be mistranscribed? I ve tried with all the first names of the family of 5, and without the first names, they are still missing here.