Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

George Parker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 10 Jan 2013 16:20

Hi

Have George Parker born c1793 in Cheshire m Sarah Dean 1793-1834 in Stockport in 1814

Children are Thomas 1819, William 1821, Sarah 1823, Thomas 1825, Mary Ann 1830 and my gggg John 1827

In the 1841, George is living with 1825 Thomas in Mottram

This is fine but I just cannot make any progress at all getting to George's father and mother

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Chria

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Jan 2013 16:54

only one from fmp

View the original image

Forenames:George

Surname:Parker

Sex:Male

Christening Year:1797

Christening Date:04 Mar 1797

Date of Birth:

Father's Forenames:James

Father's Surname:Parker

Mother's Forename:Jane

Mother's Surname:

Parish:St. Michael

City or Town:Macclesfield

County:Cheshire

Record source:Diocese of Chester Bishop's Transcripts of Baptisms

Data provider:Cheshire Archives and Local Studies

Christopher

Christopher Report 10 Jan 2013 16:59

Thanks Maddie. The area looks ok, as the children n were born in Bollington, which isn't far away.

One issue is the age, the notice has both as 21 in 1814, he would be around 17, but will keep looking

Chris

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Jan 2013 17:05

Hi Christopher, just bear in mind that is the christening date, not the birth date
regards
Maddie

Christopher

Christopher Report 10 Jan 2013 17:19

Yeah, fair comment. My gut feeling is that this might not be the one. No science attached at all, but the name James just doesn't feature in descendants, which would be unusual I guess

Chris