Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Addinf info to tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

''Eastender''

''Eastender'' Report 10 Jan 2013 18:41

Hi,
It's been ages since i've been on here or done anything with my tree,so today i thought i would update some thing's amd found the tree has completely changed, i've added a new person and then clicked on edit so i can add where she was born but i can't find where it actually say's "add" so that the info stay's, i have the bar on the side has far down as it will go, so is the "add below the note's box ? also when i click on a name and it say's you have 3 matching trees and i click on veiw, nothing comes up, any ideas on what i might be doing wrong , i want to update my tree and it's frustrataing that i can't :-S

Pam

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 10 Jan 2013 18:59

If you click on 'edit' you should see their profile on the right hand side of the page.
After changes, click on 'save' at the bottom of this.
Jan

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jan 2013 19:09

If you can't see the 'Save' button at the bottom of the profile section, try zooming out. Ctrl - is a quick way of doing it.

When you first open your tree once you're on the site, it opens in a new tab. The tree matches, suggested records etc should open in the first one. If it doesn't, it might be best to contact GR via the 'Help' button. 'Contact us' is on the left hand side.

''Eastender''

''Eastender'' Report 10 Jan 2013 19:11

Thank you brummiejan, i tried that but my problem is i can't get the page to go down any further that half way down the "notes" box, so i'm guessing "save" is below the notes box :-(

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jan 2013 19:16

See my reply - you probably missed it while you were typing ;-)

''Eastender''

''Eastender'' Report 10 Jan 2013 19:26

Thank you DetEcTive, the zooming out with Ctrl- worked ,thank you for that suggestion, as to the other problem when i click on view tree matches it just takes me to what ever page i was last looking at,so if i was on the message boards it just takes me to that, so i think i will have to contact Genes, thank you for your help.
Pam