Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Deaths that aren't in BMD?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Litzy

Litzy Report 14 Jan 2013 21:59

Just a quick question, I tried a search but I keep getting redirected back to the homepage, so I hope it's not been asked before.

There's two deaths in my family, one in 2003 and one in 2006, that do not show up in the BMD records. Is there a reason for this? I trust my sources are correct, and I'm certain of the 2003 death but no matter how I search, it doesn't show. :(

jansmith

jansmith Report 14 Jan 2013 22:25

If you are looking on freebmd then those years may not have been transcribed yet

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Jan 2013 22:27

You will not find 2006

I presume you are using GR for your searches

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Jan 2013 22:27

2006 arent online you would need to know the details and get the cert from the local records Office.

If you want a look up for the 2003 one then can take a look if you give the details

jansmith

jansmith Report 14 Jan 2013 22:28

They are on Ancestry up to 2006. If you want to find the gro numbers or info on the index click on my name and send a message with their details and i can look them up on Ancestry if you like.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 14 Jan 2013 22:50

The 2006 records are incomplete whether you are looking on Ancestry or FMP

Litzy

Litzy Report 14 Jan 2013 23:48

I can wait for 2006 as I'm sure they will be up soon. My grandmother died in 2003 (we're pretty sure, it's a year either way as we were young and can't remember exactly). My cousin is sure she was buried Marion Selena Vipond, however she could have gone by the surnames Racey, Burrows or Lawrence, with Lawrence being her maiden name.

Any assistance would be really helpful!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jan 2013 23:56

Do you know her dob, or even yob? A full dob makes it easier to search on Ancestry; with GR you can only do it by year.

Of course, that does rely on the informant knowing what it is!

Any idea where she died?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Jan 2013 00:11

Which country ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Jan 2013 00:14

?/ is this a possible marriage

Marriages Mar 1961 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LAWRENCE Marion S BURROWS Lincoln 3b 661

Burrows/Vipond marriage was in 1967

Litzy

Litzy Report 15 Jan 2013 09:02

I think she was born in 1939, it would be around that time. She was married a burrows before she became a Vipond so I think that fits. As far as I am aware, she lived in Lincoln, however at points in her life she lived in Cambridge so either of those are possible places of where she died. Thanks for the help guys, I was getting really frustrated.

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 15 Jan 2013 09:45

The GRO was in the middle of launching its own online service before the last election. With about half the records digitised the project was abandoned as part of the previous govts ID scheme. Nevertheless the tendentious question of whether Ay et al have the right to digitise the fiche remains in limbo.

Ay are continuing to add BMD records post 2005 using other sources but the results are obviously patchy.

Meanwhile apart from FH the difficulty of accessing the BMD records is creating real problems as the few centres are difficult and expensive to get to plus needing a day off work. I really cannot see why the Family History Centres should not have copies of the fiche.

The obvious answer of course is to allow people online access to the indexes. That this has not been done is sheer bloody mindedness from the civil service.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Jan 2013 16:30

no 1939 birth this is the nearest

Civil Registration event: Birth

Name: BURROWS, Marion S
Registration district: Pancras
County: London
Year of registration: 1941
Quarter of registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
Mother's maiden name: Mears
Volume no: 1B
Page no: 41

only posting as she has passed away

BUT no Marion Vipond death listed

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jan 2013 16:54

Litzy

WHERE are you looking when trying to find the deaths? It sounds to me like you're using GR

And haven't you look on freebmd to find out when Marion was born? There is no need to guess.............and knowing when she was born will help in the search for her death

Also...are you certain that her name was MariOn? Could it have been MariAn?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jan 2013 17:07

There is NO record on freebmd of a birth of a Marion S Lawrence.

Which of her children is your parent?

What is the surname?

jansmith

jansmith Report 15 Jan 2013 17:17

A Marion Selina Vipond is on 192.com Electoral roll 2002-2006! you need credits to see address

jansmith

jansmith Report 15 Jan 2013 17:47

Google the name indicates she may have died about 2007. A Jacky Vipond did a sponsor event possibly in memory of Marion

Litzy

Litzy Report 15 Jan 2013 18:19

My dad is Vincent Vipond, but he was born Burrows (complicated family history) I didn't think she died as late as 2007 but I suppose that's possible, my sister was adamant that she died the year earlier.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 15 Jan 2013 19:09

She married as Marion S. Lawrence, and on what is I assume your father's birth entry her maiden name is Lawrence also.
Have you got her marriage cert by any chance?
Jan

jansmith

jansmith Report 16 Jan 2013 00:01

litzy if you look on 192.com you will see she was in the same household with others with othe other surnames you posted for her i.e Racey so i think it would be worth looking