Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Divorce records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cornish Susie

Cornish Susie Report 23 Jan 2013 14:30

If you want to waste several hours try looking at the new Divorce records on Ancestry! I didn't find the one I was hoping for, but got really hooked reading all the petitions etc - some even have copies of the marriage cert. too. I was a bit puzzled at first as the names coming up weren't anything like the one I was searching for, but then realised that anyone named in the petition is also indexed. All very interesting, if somewhat time consuming!

Sue

wisechild

wisechild Report 23 Jan 2013 14:47

Beats playing Solitaire when you are bored.
Haven´t looked yet, but would imagine they are addictive.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Jan 2013 15:59

About a year ago I was contemplating sending off for divorce papers related to an ancestor of mine. Never did, and now those papers are on Ancestry RESULT!!!!!

So happy I did not waste my money.

And a copy of the original marriage certificate was there as well. Lots of information.