Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

familylink.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

bernie49

bernie49 Report 26 Jan 2013 11:21

Hi, ---- re. FAMILYLINK.COM

has anyone out there used this site ? Any feedback would be much appreciated as I am considering taking out a membership.
many thanks ,
Bernadette. :-)

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 26 Jan 2013 13:54

Never heard of it!

As it is a .com is it UK or US based?

Thelma

Thelma Report 26 Jan 2013 14:09

Belongs to MyHeritage,not a site that I would use.

BeverleyW

BeverleyW Report 26 Jan 2013 14:32

I see they charge for the 1881 census???
Looks very USA biased too (as is MyHeritage).

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 26 Jan 2013 21:57

Bernadette does list US and Canada amongst her places of interest, so???

They are offering a free 3 day trial which might be worth considering when you have the time to sit at your computer. If it's anything like other sites, remember to phone and cancel your card details if you decide it's not for you.

Many of the US & Canadian census and oher goodies can be found for free on
https://www.familysearch.org/

Canadian census can also be searched and viewed for free on the official Canadian Archive site, the portal being

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/index-e.html

bernie49

bernie49 Report 28 Jan 2013 14:30

Many thanks for all your comments. As soon as I can guarantee some uninterruped computer time I shall probably give the site a trial run .
Watch this space ---- I'll let you know .!!!!

Geraldine Barton

Geraldine Barton Report 6 Mar 2013 12:11

Hi cousin Bernie.
You will find info on out family on Ancestry.co.uk,thats where I made my tree go into Adelaide Boyle dob 04/02/1929 dod 25/03/1995....I've left the uncles as in your Dad blank as far as I can remember to be filled in my there families.
<3 cousin Geraldine.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Mar 2013 12:20

Geraldine - just in case Bernie doesn't realise that you have added to her thread, send her a Personal Message by clicking on her name.

As long as she hasn't changed her email address in the last month, she will be told you are trying to contact her.

Assuming you have her email address, did you know that you can 'invite' her to view your Ancestry tree? Something for you to discuss off-board!

All >public< Ancestry trees are available to view on http://www.mundia.com/ca/ . You can sign in with your Ancestry account details; Bernie would have to create an account on Mundia if she doesn't have an Ancestry Account.