Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

American Roots

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madeleine

Madeleine Report 28 Jan 2013 12:53

Is there any way that I can find if an elusive ancester came from America, please?
Thank you Madeleine

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Jan 2013 12:58

If you put up some details Madeleine I an sure someone will help,
US census records are available, depending on when, incoming passenger lists etc.

Madeleine

Madeleine Report 28 Jan 2013 13:05

Thank you for that. I am looking for the possible birth of William Frederick Arnold Golding. In Hartford, Kensington, Cincinnati. Born 1851.

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 28 Jan 2013 13:29

Ancestry.com has various records for him. There is a marriage certificate, his father is said to be George Arnold Golding. William married Elizabeth Jane Ricketts 23 may 1874, Camberwell, her father is said to be William Ricketts.

Is this the right family??

There is also a death cert, for William, 1905 Camberwell, estimated year of birth 1854.

safc

safc Report 28 Jan 2013 14:05

????

Marriages Jun 1874 (>99%)
Golding Frederick William A Camberwell 1d 947 xxxxx
Ricketts Elizabeth Jane Camberwell 1d 947 xxxxx
Smart Mary Camberwell 1d 947
Smith Archibald Camberwell 1d 947

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 28 Jan 2013 14:11

He seems to be coming out as Frederick William Arnold Golding, rather than William Frederick Arnold Golding.

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 28 Jan 2013 14:36

Have got Frederick with wife Elizabeth ,on the 1901 census, then again Elizabeth now a widow, son William p a also a widower plus other children on the 1911 census. is this the correct family as Frederick on the 1901 census is said to have been born in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. If it is a different family, someone on Ancestry has their facts confused..

Can you confirm whether your ancestors had a child named William Pearcy (as spelt) Arnold Golding in 1875 please so we can clarify...

Madeleine

Madeleine Report 28 Jan 2013 19:40

Hello. It is my family. I should have put William as his first name, sorry. All that you found is correct. William Pearcy Arnold is the son living back home with his mum. I can't find anything on W.F.A.golding before 1871 census. I just think that at some point I had picked up something about him being born in Kensington, Cincinnati. Very difficult search. Thanks for helping me.