Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Permission

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 3 Feb 2013 10:23

I received an Email this morning stating that an Yvonne Mellor had given me access to their Tree.Of course the first thing I did was to look among the Trees shared with me.However there was no Tree so named among them.Also I can't see an Yvonne Mellor among my list of Sent Messages.As I'm naturally curious is there anything I can do apart from waiting to see if she contacts me further?

Regards
William Russell Jones.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Feb 2013 12:15

See if there is an Yvonne with a different surname. GR seems to use both female members maiden and married names.

Alternatively, go to your 'in box'. There ought to be a message from her, with a link to view her tree.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 3 Feb 2013 12:19

You could check to see if you have an Yvonne with a different surname in your list of contacts. Very confusing, but married women tend to have both married and maiden names in use on Genes!!

Also, did this email come via Genes? If not, it sounds like a scam.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 4 Feb 2013 13:55

DET, I don't think we get a notification in our Inbox if someone shares their tree - only if they request to view ours.

I get quite a few trees shared with me simply because I have notified folk of replies to their query but there is never a notification on here.

Wiliam, it may be that, at some stage, you have been in contact with an Yvonne.....as DET and Andysmum agree......both maiden and married names are used. Some new members simply click on the first button they see :)

If there is no link - simply ignore it.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 4 Feb 2013 14:48

We get e-mail notification only of 'shared trees'...nothing else from GR

If this woman really wishes to communicate with you, no doubt she'll do so eventually via GR

However, if you simply look in 'search all trees' you will find her................