Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Format

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 4 Feb 2013 15:28

Anyone else have difficulty "driving" the new format family tree?

Estelle

Estelle Report 4 Feb 2013 15:33

Hi Sheila, we have just added a really useful 'How To' video for the tree on our YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwBjfjeQ80&list=PL2_cMFR6oatCpJMQF4GSjXG0TRX-CCcWN&index=2

We'd love to know if it helps you!

Kind regards,

Estelle

Sheila

Sheila Report 4 Feb 2013 15:43

Thanks Estelle. Will have a look. Used to be so easy.

Fredk

Fredk Report 4 Feb 2013 16:21

The main trouble I have is the save button is sometimes off the screen even after trying F 11

Sheila

Sheila Report 4 Feb 2013 16:24

Yes, I found the video helpful, but personally I prefered the older version, thanks for your help. Sheila

Fredk

Fredk Report 4 Feb 2013 16:44

Estelle
Am I the only one having the problem with save being off the screen.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Feb 2013 00:43

I don't see why after joining GenesReunited and having your tree on here you are then expected to use another website to find a really useful "How To" video.

All helpful tips should be on this website. I don't like You Tube, Facebook etc.

Just me having a moan!!

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 5 Feb 2013 03:06

I thought the message (in the search trees function) that said dear xxx please let me have access to view your tree ect...was going to be removed? not for Lorraine Kelly to tell new members that is what they are meant to send, when trying to make inital contact with a would be relative?

Sheila

Sheila Report 21 Feb 2013 13:06

Can`t be doing with all the messing about involved with driving the family tree. used to be so easy, will not be renewing my subscription.

Celambert

Celambert Report 21 Feb 2013 14:47

I am having a range of problems with the GR site I am a platinum member and have just paid a years subscription
1 When I input data into a family members details (and save it) they just disappear from the screen the next time I go and look at them
I emailed this complaint and told that it was the browser at fault and to disable the compatibility icon, which I did, but the problem remains UNRESOLVED
2 The details in the life line of individuals is corrupted with other tree members The data in the details section for each individual is correct but bears no relation to lifeline details shown eg It recently showed my husbands details married to my great grandfather!!! problem UNRESOLVED
Clearly this is a problem for GU. Has anyone else had the same issues :-(