Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What relation is this person to me ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 5 Feb 2013 16:47

Thank you Malcolm - still finding my way round so that will come In handy :-)

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 5 Feb 2013 15:30

If you use the "whole tree" display for your GR tree, then when you click on anyone in your tree you will see their relationship to you in a "floating" bubble above their name. In the same way you can change the "subject" of your tree and the relationships will show in relation to that person. It's quite a handy trick.

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 4 Feb 2013 23:18

And thank you GlitterBaby for the link, I have saved it for future reference :-)

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 4 Feb 2013 23:11

Thank you folks

Seems I have been back on this site for a couple of weeks and have found a second cousin :-)

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 4 Feb 2013 23:09

http://www.familytreemagazine.com/upload/images/pdf/relationship.pdf

Second cousin I think

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Feb 2013 23:08

Second Cousin

Roy

Vintagefinemaid

Vintagefinemaid Report 4 Feb 2013 23:03

If I share a Great Grandparent with someone is that person a cousin?