Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bristol Record Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helina

helina Report 8 Feb 2013 10:24

Anybody visiting the Bristol Record Office?

I know I am asking alot, but would love to the find this connection.

My Grandmother was Edith Georgina Annie Shepherd born 1886 Pilning, her great grandfather x 1 George Shepherd born 1801 Almondsbury, married to Sarah Adams.

Now though the ages alot of the sibling, cousins have Lovelace as a second name.

Just wondering if George's mother might be called Lovelace

George was born in 1801 (c) Almondsbury.

Any help would be appreciated

helina

Reggie

Reggie Report 8 Feb 2013 12:18

Unfortunately, the mother's surname will not be on any baptism record for George

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 8 Feb 2013 12:44

True Reggie, but if the baptism gave forenames for both parents, one could then look for the marriage of a male Shepherd with the father's forename to a female with the mother's forename, and if really lucky, find that the female in a possible such marriage had the surname Lovelace/Loveless or variant.

I'm not having any joy finding the baptism using online resources. :-(

helina

helina Report 8 Feb 2013 14:31

I.ve searches all avenues on line with no luck. The middle name Lovelace is still being used in the present generation.

helina

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 9 Feb 2013 10:04

Someone has kindly posted transcripts of Almondsbury baptisms to another forum.
The threads are a bit higgledy piggledy, but seem to cover the first decade of the 1800s.

I've got to go out, so no time to check for you, but here's the link :

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/BRISTOL_AND_DISTRICT/2009-08/1250817047

helina

helina Report 9 Feb 2013 14:09

Thanks Kucinta,

Will spend this afternoon searching though the baptisms in Almondsbury. I cannot see George Shepherd yet, but he could of been born before 1801. But seen some other ancestors who I have been searching.

helina