Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Findmypast.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 12 Feb 2013 08:14

For anyone who took out a cheap subscription to this, you can now view the British Newapaper Archive now as part of your subs.

Jan

mgnv

mgnv Report 12 Feb 2013 10:16

Jan - Thanks

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Feb 2013 11:51

Yes - but do you still have to pay to view the article you have found.

I know on the Newspaper Archive website after you have found something of interest you then have to pay to view the actual article.

Thelma

Thelma Report 12 Feb 2013 12:22

Viewing the Newspaper Archive is included in the subscription on FMP.COM.No addition costs are involved.

Janet

Janet Report 12 Feb 2013 15:38

PP

You dont have to pay extra on FMP if you have a subscription

Jan

Inky1

Inky1 Report 12 Feb 2013 16:13

Just looked at FMP subscription page.

http://www.findmypast.co.uk/account/pay/anonymous/step0

For £79.95/year you get BMD's and census. You have to have the Britain Full Subscription of £109.95/year to read the papers.

Or is that page out of date?

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 Feb 2013 16:21

Right - Yes I do have full membership and can access the Newpaper Archives without having to pay any more

One problem - on the Newspaper Archives the person I entered has over 20 different newspaper articles about them. On search via FMP only 2 have come up and they are both the same article!

Janet

Janet Report 12 Feb 2013 16:23

No it's not out of date,

my main reason for posting was that some people had taken out a subs to FMP.com (the US site) some time last year when it was really cheap and had not really used it as the search boxes are a bit rubbish

I just thought it was worth posting to tell them that they could get the papers on the US site now .

the UK site has always had 2 subcription rates I think ( as do most sites) you get what you pay for .

Jan

jax

jax Report 12 Feb 2013 16:37

I have full (UK) FMP which includes the British newspapers.....I also have the special offer US version but have not touched it since I took it out last August. I was hoping to use it to replace the UK subs, but could'nt get on with it