Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO Phone Number Please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Feb 2013 17:07

I need to phone the GRO to see where my certs have got.They were supposed to be despatched on Thurday Last Week.

The phone number on the gro website 44+(0) 300 123 1837

I have tried ringing the last 300 123 1837.It isn't recognised.
Sorang all the number including the extra 0.still not recognised.

So tried 44+300123 1837.it's ring but as usual it just rings for 7 minutes and then goes to engaged number,

Please this is really frustrating me now.
Has anyone got a phone number that works for GRO.

Thanks Sue

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Feb 2013 17:09

The number should be 0300 123 1837

44 is the access code from outside the UK

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 18 Feb 2013 17:38

I just tried the number and got through using the landline (BT) if from a mobil your service provider may not allow calls to a 03 number?

Roy

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Feb 2013 18:25

Thanks Reggie and Roy .think I may ring them before 8pm tonight.

Sue

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 Feb 2013 22:51

The despatch date on GRO orders is only an estimate (est).

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Feb 2013 07:28

Rather than phoning, use what is known as the 'Online Complaints Form' which despite the name is a query logging process.

"After you order a certificate

If your query relates to a certificate which you have already ordered from GRO you can use our online complaints form to send us a message. When you submit this form it will generate an email to us with the details you have supplied. We will respond to your email within 5 working days."

If you are talking about non-receipt, you really need to give it more than a week.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 19 Feb 2013 12:19

I must say that in the years I have dealt with the GRO I have only had to call them twice. Both times had no problems. And new certificates were despatched and in one case the originals turned up about a week after the replacements (gawd knows where they went).

The staff at the GRO are polite and very helpful.

When I order I usually allow up to 14 days, but normally they arrive in about 7