Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO Phone Number Please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Feb 2013 17:07

I need to phone the GRO to see where my certs have got.They were supposed to be despatched on Thurday Last Week.

The phone number on the gro website 44+(0) 300 123 1837

I have tried ringing the last 300 123 1837.It isn't recognised.
Sorang all the number including the extra 0.still not recognised.

So tried 44+300123 1837.it's ring but as usual it just rings for 7 minutes and then goes to engaged number,

Please this is really frustrating me now.
Has anyone got a phone number that works for GRO.

Thanks Sue

Reggie

Reggie Report 18 Feb 2013 17:09

The number should be 0300 123 1837

44 is the access code from outside the UK

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 18 Feb 2013 17:38

I just tried the number and got through using the landline (BT) if from a mobil your service provider may not allow calls to a 03 number?

Roy

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 18 Feb 2013 18:25

Thanks Reggie and Roy .think I may ring them before 8pm tonight.

Sue

Lynski

Lynski Report 18 Feb 2013 22:51

The despatch date on GRO orders is only an estimate (est).

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 Feb 2013 07:28

Rather than phoning, use what is known as the 'Online Complaints Form' which despite the name is a query logging process.

"After you order a certificate

If your query relates to a certificate which you have already ordered from GRO you can use our online complaints form to send us a message. When you submit this form it will generate an email to us with the details you have supplied. We will respond to your email within 5 working days."

If you are talking about non-receipt, you really need to give it more than a week.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 19 Feb 2013 12:19

I must say that in the years I have dealt with the GRO I have only had to call them twice. Both times had no problems. And new certificates were despatched and in one case the originals turned up about a week after the replacements (gawd knows where they went).

The staff at the GRO are polite and very helpful.

When I order I usually allow up to 14 days, but normally they arrive in about 7