Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GR YouTube channel

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 19 Feb 2013 19:29

Anybody viewing the GRYouTube clips. Done my stint - what a laugh - would appreciate any comments :-D :-D

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Feb 2013 19:59

Unfortunately, I had trouble understanding your accent. That's probably a pity!

I got an email, and did offer to do one of those videos ............. but they wouldn't travel over here. :-D

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 19 Feb 2013 20:06

Same here Sylvia. I was invited as a valued researcher!

I wouldn't want some of the oddballs recognising me!

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Feb 2013 20:31

NanaSue, i would hope that your 'breaking the ice' will spur some more experienced members to contribute a video.

Especially those who help on the boards on a regular basis as I do think your phrasing rather implies that you are a regular helper, which might be a disappointment to anyone expecting a reply from you personally, as you don't seem to be posting very often?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Feb 2013 20:48

You did very well in front of the camera and didn’t seem especially nervous.

I could understand you perfectly. Mind you, if someone with a strong Northern or Glaswegian accent does one that might be a different matter. ;-)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 19 Feb 2013 21:26

yes, well, my Lancashire accent could be a problem for some folk ........................

I've never lost it in 45 years, BUT I have lost my "ear" for other English accents!

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 19 Feb 2013 21:51

Thanks for the comments - I just happen to live in London so it is easy for them.

They gave me the pointers they wanted in the film - I just had to make some comments. I took several hours - several takes. :-D :-D

Silly Sausage

Silly Sausage Report 19 Feb 2013 22:29

Well done NanaSue I think you did an excellent job.....infact there is a whole thread dedicated to you over on gen
http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1319820 :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D