Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

found this article in Daily Mail 20/2/2013

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 20 Feb 2013 19:14

Hi Everone
there is an article in the Daily Mail

Find My Past site has just put more than 2.5 million records of criminals /mug shots etc on line they date from 1770-1934 they include fraudsters/rapists/muggers/bigamists.the whole gammut

to find your villians go to the crime and punishment section of findmypast.co.uk
crimes are catalogued by name/age/occupation/court date/area/victims name etc

HAVE FUN :-D

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 20 Feb 2013 20:09

I have been looking at these new records all afternoon,not found any of mine yet,still make interesting reading even if they are not your family.

Had trouble accessing the FMP site initially even though I have been registered for years & hold a full subscription & have the site bookmarked,had to sign in several times even though I never sign out.

Joan.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 20 Feb 2013 20:40

I am sure there was an article about this last week and its not nationwide just one county ?

Amokavid

Amokavid Report 20 Feb 2013 20:51

There was a piece about it on Boulton & co on Sky news earlier today.

I have put in several of my family surnames without including place names & various counties / places came up.

from FMP.........About the crime, prisons and punishment records......
....Search for your ancestors in 518,000 records of criminals who passed through the justice system in England and Wales between 1770 and 1934.....

......We are publishing this collection in three phases.
Currently, you can view records for the period 1817-1931.
We'll publish records for the whole period, 1770-1934, in the coming months.

Joan.