Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need help to identify a uniform and badge?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 24 Feb 2013 17:47

Does anyone know where i could get some help in identifying a uniform and cap badge from a picture?
All i have is a photo of a family member in his uniform, but i dont know his regiment

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :-)

May thanks

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Feb 2013 17:51

Hi Samantha.
I would try a google search - but it would help you if you have a rough idea of when this photo was from?
Had a quick look, this might be of interest re.20th century uniforms:

http://web.archive.org/web/20080615152005/http://www.diggerhistory.info/pages-uniforms/britain.htm

Jan

Samantha

Samantha Report 24 Feb 2013 18:09

Hi Jan

I think the photo must of been taken around 1918 or after.

Thank you, I will check out the website.

Sam

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Feb 2013 18:12

Only other thing if you wish to do it is email the image to me - my hubby is a military history fan, though usually earlier than 20thc! He has a number of mates who might know too.
Up to you, no problem.
Jan

Samantha

Samantha Report 24 Feb 2013 18:44

Jan, that would be fantastic, I really would appreciate that.

What is your e-mail address?

Many thanks
Sam

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Feb 2013 18:48

PM sent