Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brick wall - my grandfather's birth details

Page 3 + 1 of 4

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 2 Mar 2013 21:43

presumabley the witnesses were Jane's siter and b-in-l

Marriages Jun 1912 (>99%)
Jenkins William Naylor W.Derby 8b 560
Naylor Mary Jenkins W.Derby 8b 560

how inconsiderate of Edward not to have had one of his relatives!! :-(

lancashireAnn

lancashireAnn Report 2 Mar 2013 21:37

witnesses were William Edward Jenkins & Mary Jenkins

father Henry not stated as deceased

Mary's father was deceased so I would guess that Henry was still alive otherwise it would have been recorded

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Mar 2013 19:29

Just found a page on his service record which states that he was born in West Derby, Liverpool on 14 - 7- 1892

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Mar 2013 19:21

On his Service papers dated 20 June 1917, he states that he is 24 years 10 months.

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 2 Mar 2013 19:11

Who were the witnesses on the marriage certificate.

Chris

patchem

patchem Report 2 Mar 2013 19:02

Have you looked for him in the censuses?

His birth?
Births Dec 1892
Hornby Edward Prestwich 8d 3_8

Was his Father still alive according to the marriage certificate?
Thanks

Jay

Jay Report 2 Mar 2013 18:57

My grandfather Edward Hornby married my grandmother Jane Naylor on 1/4/1913 in Liverpoool. I have the certificate and his age was stated as 20. His father was Henry Hornby who was a Labourer. Edward died on 2/4/1943 in Liverpool and his age was given (by my grandmother) as 49. I am trying to find out more about him but as I don't know where he was born or the names of any siblings I am struggling. Any help would be appreciated.