Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Inquest Report in Peterborough Advertiser

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Phyll

Phyll Report 7 Mar 2013 10:34

I am wondering how I can find the report of an Accidental Drowing reported in the Peterborough Advertiser on 17th April 1875. The man in question was William Fuller born 1831 and drowned on 10th April 1875 in Ramsey, Hunts. I cannot get to the Archives up north so wonder if anyone could possible point me in another direction or have a look for me please.
Many thanks
Phyll

PS Sorry if all is not clear I do tend to waffle.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Mar 2013 10:49

This is the email address for Peterborough Central Library:-

Email: [email protected]

If you contact them they MAY be prepared to look up the article for you and copy it. Some libraries charge for this service and others don't. It helps that you have the exact date of the article because it shouldn't take long to find the report if they do keep back copies of the newspaper.

It can't hurt to ask.

Kath. x

Phyll

Phyll Report 7 Mar 2013 10:50

Many thanks Kath. Will see what I can find out.
Phyll