Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sir Knight William Drury/Drewry born in Kent.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

G007

G007 Report 14 Mar 2013 22:37

I have a couple of William Drury/Drewry in my family tree, do the other Drury/Drewry families from Kent link up with this person ? (Sir Knight William Drury/Drewry was born abt 1550, in Bobbings Court, Kent.) A bloodline, or perhaps just worked for him ? Anyone got any thoughts/ideas ?

patchem

patchem Report 14 Mar 2013 22:49

Why do you not contact all the other people on genes who have this family in their trees?
And then contact people with Drury/Drewry from Kent to exchange ideas and information?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 14 Mar 2013 23:23

Hello Graham, it's probably quite a small minority of Genes members who actually use these boards so I'm afraid you're not likely to get much (if any) response.

As patchem says, you have to take a proactive approach to finding connections on this site.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 15 Mar 2013 08:31

Hi Graham, if you google, there is quite a lot online for the Drury/Drewry family from Bobbing. You may be able to find something interesting from there.

I took Patchem's idea and there are quite a lot of folk on this site with your William in their tree.You could be busy... :-D

G007

G007 Report 15 Mar 2013 11:51

Thanks very much for all the useful info, brill!