Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

London England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicki

Nicki Report 15 Mar 2013 10:53

I need to know who lived at 69 Huxley Gardens in 1951 - I have looked on the Electoral regiater but they only show occupants from 1955 so I really dont know what I am doing wrong.

Help please

Nicki

Reggie

Reggie Report 15 Mar 2013 12:05

Which site were you using?

Ancestry has the earlier years

Are you certain that the address existed exactly as you have it in 1951?

John

John Report 15 Mar 2013 12:27

Nicki,

A Reginald H Callaghan; a Sarah Callaghan; an Alfred M Sampeys; a Hubert Sampeys, if I'm correct - address/house-number is the RIGHT-hand column, yes?

London Borough of Ealing, Hanger Hill Ward, Ealing N E 1951 Huxley Gardens, NW10 London

Source from ancestrydotcodotuk

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Mar 2013 12:27

Huxley Road can be found on Ancestry

As already asked did it exist as that name in 1950's

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 15 Mar 2013 12:37

John

You are correct

Ancestry has given the wrong address on the transcription for that year

Nicki

Nicki Report 15 Mar 2013 12:49

Apologies for the delay. I got the address off a passenger list of 1951that gave that address. When I looked on the electoral register I could not find that address for that year on Ancestry. I really am having trauma with Ancestry.

Thank you all for your help.

Nicki

John

John Report 15 Mar 2013 12:52

Pleasure.

KenSE

KenSE Report 15 Mar 2013 14:44

Ancestry used Optical Character Recognition for their transcripts. It is fine when it works, which is probably 90% of the time, but smudged letters or marks on the paper can throw it so all subsequent entries on that page become unrecognisable as genuine addresses and names.