Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CWGC - APPEAL FOR RELATIVES

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gai

Gai Report 17 Mar 2013 06:06

I found this appeal on Facebook

http://www.cwgc.org/news-events/news/appeal-for-relatives-%282%29.aspx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 Mar 2013 07:27

A link to the names of the fallen.

http://www.cwgc.org/media/97750/appeal_for_next_of_kin_4__20130312.pdf

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Mar 2013 07:49

I found hubby's grans brother on their site and got his death cert from WW1 .he died in Aden from infection rather than wounds. Thought it would be nice to claim him for the family but the CWGC made it very awkward .wanted his birth cert parents certs etc which we haven't got .he was born in Southern Ireland and no relations now that can help from that side,
Shame cos he remains unclaimed

Denis

Denis Report 17 Mar 2013 08:54

Requiring documented evidence before making a change to an official website sounds a very sensible precaution. The next of kin would have been asked to verify details in the years immediately following the war but many never did. Given the political changes in Ireland at that time many were not anxious to emphasis connections to the British Army. If this is important to you then it must surely be worthwhile attempting to acquire the required evidence through the normal channels.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Mar 2013 14:32

Well Denis If I knew where he was born and could find his parents marriage cert then yes I would do it . Unfortunately there are no family left that can give me a clue so I can search, The only thing I know is the family came from Southern Ireland and were Catholic. The Catholic church hold their records very close to their chest !

I am a very good researcher so with even a small clue I can be up and running

Denis

Denis Report 18 Mar 2013 11:20

I see your problem! Ever thought of chasing this through Rootschat? Some people will really pull out all the stops to help.

Denis

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 18 Mar 2013 16:06

Lots of Southern Ireland church records on here. Free website

http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/index.html

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Mar 2013 16:12

Thanks Teresa will take a look

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Mar 2013 16:12

Thanks Teresa will take a look