Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GlasgowLass

GlasgowLass Report 18 Mar 2013 23:49

Ha Ha Jean.
GR must have Gremlins
I uploaded a gedcom last weeks and immediately found that I had forgotten to add some newly found marrigaes.
For the first time in many years, I decided to add them to my GR tree manually.
However, the one option that I needed was Add Existing Person... only to find that this option had vanished , yet for you, it was the only option that you got!
What is going on?

JeanSD

JeanSD Report 18 Mar 2013 23:36

I admit that on most occassions I am on the website I encounter some hitches, lately I have not been able to always be able to add new relatives, I just get the search for existing relative option only. I sign off at that stage and usually I can do my additions to the tree when I sign back on, but it can sometimes be difficult to remember where I left off, as my tree has got bigger. I still love the website, I have been absorbed in research for hour after hour, it is such a pleasure, you never know what you are going to find out next.

Fredk

Fredk Report 18 Mar 2013 16:13

Reggie,

From past experience that is a waste of time. It normaly cures itself in a few days.Just hope it does not cause to much confusion. Just posted in case others are having problems

Reggie

Reggie Report 18 Mar 2013 16:05

If you have a problem with your tree on here, tell GR about it.

Fredk

Fredk Report 18 Mar 2013 15:46

There has been strange things happening in my tree today. People are appearing several times. Disappearing altogether. Ending up with the wrong links . Refusing to store new entries. Must be confusing to anyone who has access to my tree. Thank goodness I keep a copy on my computer