Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Creating an All-In-One (All Relatives) Chart

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 22 Mar 2013 07:31

I want to create an all relatives chart in .pdf format FOR FREE!
I don't want to print any charts yet!

I use My Heritage's Family tree Builder to create quick undetailed charts and reports but I can seem to find a program that will generate and ALL IN ONE ALL RELATIVES chart for FREE in pdf / JPEG format.....

Any suggestions?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Mar 2013 09:02

This link summaries various free tree downloads – have a read and see if there is one which suits your needs

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-genealogy-family-tree-software.htm

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Mar 2013 13:11

Have you checked ALL of the sites which have been suggested on your other threads?

We can't tell you which site to use.......you have to find for yourself the one which suits your needs......etc.

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 22 Mar 2013 19:58

@Reggie I have not been giving ANY SITES for ALL IN ONE FAMILY CHART PRINTING FOR FREE?! This is the first question regarding that...........................................................

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 23 Mar 2013 00:29

DJHill - as you have asked for suggestions for 'Free' downloadable tree programmes, there is no financial obstacle in you taking a trial and error approach.
If it doesn’t work as you want, then delete the programme (not the gedcom) from your computer.

When you say an All-In-One (All Relatives) chart, do you mean your full family tree with each person in a box similar to what you have on GR? If this is the case and you are able to find a suitable programme, you may find that you use loads of paper and would need to lay it out on a gym floor to piece it together.

Most home printers only take A4 paper. Although some paid-for programmes (eg Family Historian v5) can reduce the size so that all relatives will fit on one sheet of A4 paper, the details would be so small as to be useless unless you have a very small tree with no siblings in previous generations.

If we are talking at cross-purposes, perhaps you could explain in greater detail what you are hoping to achieve?

Edit - *All-in-one or All-relatives charts. are very useful on occasions where you want to show all the relatives of a particular person. They can become rather complicated and only the best programs seem to be able to cope with the complexities of laying them out in a logical format. There is a compromise between size and making the chart easy to read and understand.*

http://www.my-history.co.uk/acatalog/softwarecomparisonMH/glossaryofterms.html

Depending on the size of your tree and the relationships, the print out would be rather large!

Try out the free versions and see how you get on.