Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fredk

Fredk Report 22 Mar 2013 20:00

When posting a reply are you allowed to post the original census document instead of the transcript .So far I have never seen it done

Potty

Potty Report 22 Mar 2013 20:35

Do you mean the census image, Fredk? Images can't be posted to the boards but they can be attached to a PM - probably have to be saved to your own computer first.

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 22 Mar 2013 21:00

The only way you could show an image would be to save it to a photo hosting service such as Imageshack and then post a link to the image.

Fredk

Fredk Report 22 Mar 2013 21:52

Potty MarieCeleste
Thanks for your advice

Kense

Kense Report 22 Mar 2013 22:23

I suppose you can put it in keepsafe and make it public. There might be some legal problems though.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Mar 2013 10:24

KenSE, like the copyright of BMDs you can only post a picture of the section you have a query about.

But as you cannot post pictures to threads on here it's all down to whether you do a link to the 'piece' or ask people to take a look and come back with any help

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 23 Mar 2013 15:34

The following is a link to the guidance given for copying Birth, Death, Marriage and Civil Partnership Certificates. This informaton is on the National Archives website.

http://tinyurl.com/84mj2ba

As far as I can tell there is no restriction as to the amount of the certificate you can post to the web.

Chris

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 23 Mar 2013 20:01

ChrisinWessex - I think the copyright comes in depending on how and why you are showing it. Odd I know.

So you cannot show it for monetary gain, but can display on a website like Ancestry, its all rather bizarre.