Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

accidental death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynnette

Lynnette Report 27 Mar 2013 21:25

hi

can you advise me on how to find more information on people who have died of accidental deaths.

Lynnette :-)

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 27 Mar 2013 21:29

Accidental death is usually followed by an inquest.

It depends when the death occurred but not many coroners inquest records are available but inquests were frequently reported in detail in newspapers.

Lynnette

Lynnette Report 28 Mar 2013 11:35

thank u for the information

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 28 Mar 2013 12:02

If you think it might have been reported in the newspaper, you could try visiting or contacting the local archives/reference library.
I was extremely lucky with getting details of an accident in 1940, for which I had little detail to go on. I wrote wih my request and the librarian searched, found, photocopied and posted the newspaper report to me, all free of charge! What service!!
Not only that, but the newspaper report of the accident actually carried the wrong man's name since my grandfather (the person who had the accident) was unofficially covering that other man's shift, but this didn't come to light until after the reporter had written his article.

Lynnette

Lynnette Report 28 Mar 2013 14:47

thank you Karen for your help.