Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas eden death certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rachael

Rachael Report 5 Apr 2013 11:31

Morning Everyone,

I have just received a death certificate for Thomas Eden 1924 in Birmingham. This isn't my relation so if it could help you, please let me know.

Cheers
Rachael

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Apr 2013 11:55

Thanks for the offer even though he isn't 'one of mine'.

A few suggestions

Add a post'em to the entry on Freebmd - if you wanted to leave an email address, get a new one specifically for this.

Enter the details on http://www.bmdshare.com/

Work out from the age at death when he was likely to have been born, and search trees for anyone with the same name and approx YOB.

Fingers crossed that you can pass it on to someone related

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 5 Apr 2013 13:02

Personally I would keep it.

I keep all my wronguns with a note attached as to why they are not mine.

I always use the Postem faciity on FreeBMD giving details of the certificate I have bought.

And just yesterday, I have discovered that one of my wronguns was in fact the brother of a g/g/gaunt of mine, but as I had not been looking into his family I never realised who he was.

I am always willing to send copies of any certificate I have to people who want copies. But I do like to keep them all.

The chances of anyone actually coming forward to 'claim' this certificate is highly unlikely.

Maybe if you post more details on here, more possible deaths could be found.