Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with birth cert info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cara

cara Report 7 Apr 2013 13:34

could someone help me understand why a birth cert would have the wrong mother maiden name on. 2 children same mother and father born 2 years apart yet the oldest child born has the correct mothers maiden on her cert but the second child has a diff mothers maiden name why and how could this be. they were registered in the 60s

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Apr 2013 14:13

Are you certain that the second certificate is the correct one? If you want to send details (by pm and not on the thread) then maybe someone can find a different registration.

Kath. x

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 7 Apr 2013 19:39

could the mother have been married before, and whoever registered the births gave the wrong (ie the first married name) as the maiden name on one of them?

Confusion does occur .......... on all bmds!

Another possibility is that the mother actually did have two "maiden" names .............

for example ....................

if her mother was unmarried when she was born, the mother's surname would be her maiden name

If the mother then married, and the child began to use the new husband's name, either by legal adoption or just by usage ............ then that could be considered the second "maiden" name.

In this case, the "child" might have decided later to use the "other" name as her maiden name

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 Apr 2013 20:54

Oh please .i have told you that the sister is asking her dad for info.

No one on here can give you a definite answer

cara

cara Report 8 Apr 2013 11:02

shirley its my mothers choice how she decides to find out her info, if my mum wants to contact 'the sister' she will. Me and my mother have our own reasons for asking this based on new info that we are not willing to discuss. just because youve told me somebody is doing something with info they know, does not mean we have to do the same. We are sorry if its upset you but please let us try our way and you carry on your way
best regards

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Apr 2013 13:05

cara

Please stick to the site rules..........one of which is ONE post per topic

This obviously connects with your other thread(s) about the name BUCKLEY

As for the different info on the certs.........if you are 100% certain they are for the right people..........somebody was confused........or lied. Simples!

The ONLY person who could tell is the one who registered the birth(s)

Nobody else can.....................

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Apr 2013 00:27

Cara

the reason for Shirley's comment about your other thread is because posting more than 1 thread on the same topic is against the rules of the site,

AND ...........

it wastes the time of helpers, time that could be spent helping other people.

Remember that the helpers are only members like yourself, and we all help only because we enjoy doing it.

We are not paid to do it. In fact, we often use subscriptions in other sites to help others, as well our sub to GR ...... so we are actually paying to help others!

Taking advantage of helpers is not popular!

May I suggest that if you and your mother are using the same membership, and if you are both posting at different times, could you please identify which one of you is posting by adding your name at the end of the post?

This will also help us.

sylvia

jax

jax Report 9 Apr 2013 01:03

I don't think Cara's mother has been posting Sylvia...this is the thread where Shirley has been helping off the boards

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1322378

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 Apr 2013 01:26

Jax

I did say .... IF .....

and meant it as friendly help.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 9 Apr 2013 09:18

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1322406