Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

VICTOR WILLIAM KENNETH DAY B.1919

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fiona

Fiona Report 18 Apr 2013 15:07

I could really do with some help please...I know Victor has passed away..I believe in 2002/3 and last address was Belfast...what I need to find out is where to get his death cert from..how to find out where the death was registered and where he is buried or his ashes are intered...Is there anyone in NI who can help please..Thanks for reading
:-)

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Apr 2013 15:14

GRONI for the death cert.....google for website

The informant may be able to answer your other question

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Apr 2013 16:32

Someone on A***cry has death in 1989, Belfast?? No evidence though.
Jan

Fiona

Fiona Report 18 Apr 2013 17:38

Thanks Reggie I know about PRONI but I wanted to check 1st by trying to locate a death via the NI cemetaries...but need someone who is offay with Irish searching...and thanks Jean but he was still alive in 2002 :-)

Maura

Maura Report 18 Apr 2013 17:54

Theres only 1 crematorium and that's Roselawn.

Roselawn, Dundonald & the City records are online, http://www.belfastcity.gov.uk/burialrecords/

Fiona

Fiona Report 18 Apr 2013 18:24

Thankyou...he lived in BT4 area...does that make a difference.. I`ve looked on that burial records site but his death isnt recorded there?? So I`m a bit flumoxed :-) Thanks

Maura

Maura Report 18 Apr 2013 18:41

Fiona,
The 4 main cemetries in Belfast are
City
Roselawn
Dundonald
Carmoney
Milltown R.C

Roselawn & Dundonald would the closest to BT4