Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census 2011

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


Lesley Report 29 Apr 2013 08:12

How do I see if a relative is on a more recent Census than the ones on here??


Graham Report 29 Apr 2013 08:36

By law you are not allowed to look at any census less than 100 years old. :-(


CupCakes Report 29 Apr 2013 08:39

Hi Lesley welcome to the boards.
I think you mean 1911 not 2011 - you need to edit your heading.
Don't worry I make big whoppers on the boards.

The 1911 census is the latest UK census online.
Other countries have later census.
There are also other records around on the web.

If you let us know who you are looking for 1.e. name, age, part of the county etc we might be able to advise you.
:-D :-D


Kense Report 29 Apr 2013 08:45

Some sites have street directories and electoral rolls which are more recent than 1911.

Edit: and telephone directories.


Reggie Report 29 Apr 2013 09:02

As the OP specified 'censuses more recent than the ones on here', I think we can assume she knows what she means.

The 1921 census will be released in 2022.

1931 was destroyed.

1941 didn't happen - WW2


+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Apr 2013 09:17

As long as they didn't opt out, for Electoral Rolls 2002-2013 try

The results are pay to view and will give the address and names of all household residents eligible to vote, but not relationships or other details


Cynthia Report 29 Apr 2013 13:47

Hello Lesley - don't worry, lots of folk don't realise that there is a 100 year ruling on census and many of us would love to get our hands on the 1921 - but we will just have to be patient until 2021 :-D

New poster - friendly message on how to return to thread sent. :-)


Lesley Report 29 Apr 2013 14:24

Wow, you're all so knowledgeable, I didn't know about the 100 year rule :-S. Another question, How would I find out if a relative is in Prison or has left the country? They're not on and there is no death record for them


Reggie Report 29 Apr 2013 14:45

Deaths are only transcribed up to 2006

Emigration records stop at 1960

If someone opts out of the public ER, you can't find them on 192.

Have you tried the phone book?


Lesley Report 29 Apr 2013 15:17

Yes I've tried B.T. com :-S


Graham Report 29 Apr 2013 16:41

If they were sent to prison there might have been a report about it in the newspapers.


SylviaInCanada Report 29 Apr 2013 19:46

You could try Googling the name .....................

people now are on so many different kinds of social media that Google often finds them ...................

think in terms of Linked In, YouTube, FB, etc etc

Google is always worth a try ................ it's quite amazing what will pop up on there


Lesley Report 29 Apr 2013 21:00

Yes will give newspaper archives and Google a try :-D



Kucinta Report 30 Apr 2013 01:13

UK electoral registers 2002 - 2013 are also on findmypast.

However if they didn't come up on I don't suppose they'll show up on fmp either.