Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

using Family Search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppycat

poppycat Report 6 May 2013 01:56

has anyone had a problem with using FS?

I went to the site yesterday & its telling ....Attention: This site does not support the current version of your web browser. To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or INSTALL ANOTHER BROWSER
Is this a Scam or is it genuine.

All the years i have used it now find also when i go to look at Bishops Transcripts Aylesford Kent .... Marriages 1813-1837
said at first.... Only can View at a F S Centre or it says......... .........................Image Not Available!
Signing in seems to make no difference.

Is there a way around this?

jax

jax Report 6 May 2013 02:03

I very rarely go there....but the same happened to me the other day, I am not changing my browser so will not bother with it, if thats the case

Reggie

Reggie Report 6 May 2013 09:58

I use IE and/or Chrome, and have no trouble accessing the site with either

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 6 May 2013 10:09

I have no problem with Firefox and/or Chrome. I think it will depend on how old your browser and you may need to update it.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 6 May 2013 11:27

I use IE and have no problems whatsoever

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 6 May 2013 11:34

No problem with Chrome or IE10.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 May 2013 11:52

"Only can View at a F S Centre or it says......... .........................Image Not Available! Signing in seems to make no difference."

The same happened when they released Kent Workhouse images. After a number of emails to FS support, they did say that you had to log on in one of their FS Centres.

After reading IT exchanges on other threads, could they be trying to protect their system from overload?

You didn't say what which version of browser you are using. One of the IT experts might have some suggestions as to why you are getting the 'update' message.

jax

jax Report 6 May 2013 12:03

I'm using IE9....I dont have any problems with it, even on here...so why there?

poppycat

poppycat Report 8 May 2013 13:43

Hi! to every one who have read my message about FS Problem.
I use IE must admit probably need updating but never had a problem until just in last week........

Thanks to all who responded with suggestions!

TootyFruity !
I'll try Firefox hopefully will be fine. Thanks!

Mel Fairy Godmother

Mel Fairy Godmother Report 9 May 2013 14:53

I get the same as you and I am not changing browser either.

I have tried to do a couple of lookups and find if I click on the marriage box twice |I get the box to type in. Also when I scroll down there are entries I can see.