Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who will win the next General Election... ?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GHeather

GHeather Report 11 May 2013 23:19

What Party do you think will win the next General Election ? What Party is most in tune with the British people ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 May 2013 23:22

:-S

GHeather

GHeather Report 11 May 2013 23:38

I think a lot of people would like to see the UKIP in power!

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 11 May 2013 23:50

Do any of them have an interest in genealogy ?

Paul Barton, Special Agent

Paul Barton, Special Agent Report 12 May 2013 00:11

The UKIP surge was simply a result of having a coalition government.

Taditionally the protest vote went to the Liberals but once they became part of the Government there was a vacancy for a party to attract those protest votes. Up stepped UKIP. As soon as we revert to a single party government again UKIP will disappear and the Liberals will be picking up the protest votes again. Simples.

mgnv

mgnv Report 12 May 2013 01:48

I'm pretty sure the next General Election is the BC Provincial Election - I can't think of any other between now and Tuesday. I think the NDP will win.

I think all the parties are pretty much in tune with the will of the British people.
More specifically, the British people don't care, and none of the parties are much concerned with their will. Holding British citizenship hasn't qualified you to a BC vote for 38 y.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 12 May 2013 04:15

mgnv ..............

My fingers and toes are all crossed that you are correct

I will be voting on Tuesday, hopefully for the winning party :-D

The next British election is not for around 2 years is it??

The next Canadian Federal Election is certainly in 2 years time

and a General Election has just been held in Pakistan

BUT .................. I don't think any of them are interested in genealogy :-D

actually, not sure why this is on Genealogy Chat ..................... but, what the heck!

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 11:19

Everytime people want the correct: Laws/ideas and right actions brought in... it's called a 'Protest vote', I think they should rename it: the common sense vote!

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 11:45

The Australian Federal election is on 14th September this year and maybe I should give the PM lessons on how to search her family tree because if you believe the polls the red head will be gone.

i even heard a journo say that Julia our first woman PM will go down as the worst PM in the history of Australian politics.

Gai

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 May 2013 11:47

Don't you just love these really interesting genealogy threads!!!!!

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 11:53

Hello PigletsPal, yes, your right, going off the subject, however, you could say it's all related in a way! lol :-) Perhaps the next government will do more to help with our family research...but do we need any more help... ?

Reggie

Reggie Report 12 May 2013 12:37

What a strange subject for this board...................why isn't it on GENERAL?

But I would sincerely hope that ANY Government would have more important concerns than something as frivolous as FH

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 12:41

I think I should have put it on 'general chat', my mistake.

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 12:49

Don't worry I'm sure the Board Police will probably RR the thread because it's on the wrong board.

But in the meantime we can all put in our 2 cents worth.

Rambling Rose

Rambling Rose Report 12 May 2013 13:01

I think UKIP should do a family tree for all their candidates...just in case they have any immigrants they might want to send back ;-) ( tongue in cheek remark !)

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 13:11

Can someone tell me whats the UKIP?

Gai

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 12 May 2013 13:29

UKIP
http://www.ukip.org/

http://www.thisisdorset.co.uk/Ferndown-UKIP-councillor-shocked-delighted/story-18881422-detail/story.html#axzz2T546WN5V
:-S :-)

Gai

Gai Report 12 May 2013 13:35

Thanks Joy.

I'll have a look at the links.

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 12 May 2013 15:29

Nicholas Farage is very keen to tell everyone he is descended from French Heugenout immigrants.

Yet it was revealed some weeks ago that he is in fact of either Belgian (who he seems to hate) and Flemish descent. And although I cannot remember the original spelling of the name, it changed over the years to become more French sounding from something that was not......

What a pratt - did he not think people would find out.......

Far too many politicians moan about the immigration policy of this country but do not look into their own families!!!!

At least Boris is proud of his Turkish g/grandfather.

GHeather

GHeather Report 12 May 2013 16:14

I like Nick Farage! Hope he gets more support... so, he may not get every detail right, but he says and knows what people in this country want, inculding getting us out of the EU!