Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A Problem with Family Tree Maker 2009

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

F

F Report 14 May 2013 10:31

I was wondering if anyone could advise me please. I have FTM 2009 installed on my computer and one tree. In the past when I have opened my tree this family has appeared without any problems. Today I have found that I have two trees. One is the original family and the other tree is an Auto Backup of this family. I haven't a clue as to why the auto backup has appeared. However, I was wondering if it would be ok to delete it or would it affect the other tree? As you can see. I haven't a clue :-). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 14 May 2013 11:11

No need to delete. its a safety measure in case your original tree gets wiped out somehow...
The "back up" records any new entries you put on the original as well. it keeps updating itself with your original tree. you don't have to touch it at all.
Hope this helps :-)

F

F Report 14 May 2013 11:17

Thank you very much indeed BudgieRustler :-)

Budgie Rustler

Budgie Rustler Report 14 May 2013 11:32

You`re quite welcome, and thank you for return reply.
Shane.
:-)