Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Research in Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosalinda

Rosalinda Report 21 May 2013 12:17

I am going to Liverpool next week and want to look up a birth/baptism I can't find on Lancashire parish records, Family search, UKBMD, Ancestry or Genes. If it's not on any internet sites, will I be able to find anything in Liverpool and where would I go?
Do I go to the new Liverpool RO near Lime St or a library? My ancestors seem to have lived in the Everton area and were baptised at ST PETERS ,As you may have gathered I'm a novice at this. Any advise would be welcomed. Thanks.

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 21 May 2013 12:29

Hi Rosegarland,

Just a quickies as I'm about to go out, but have been told that Liverpool might be busy something to do with battleships coming into the port, so you may need extra time for travel. Just a thought. will send a pm message when a get back, be about an hour. PM = personal message.

think I've got some missing who are supposed to be in St Peter's liverpool.

sorry but got to dash, Regards Lou

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 May 2013 13:44

Parish records will be at the Records Office

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 May 2013 13:48

Presumably, this relates to.................

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1323881

Rosalinda

Rosalinda Report 21 May 2013 14:28

Thanks for your message Lou.

Let me know who you are looking for and if I've time I'll have a look for you when I go next week.

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 27 May 2013 16:37

So Sorry not to have gotten back to you sooner, I've only just logged back on today (Bank Holiday Monday). I do have a few things I'd like checking, but you have probably already been, so never mind, but thanks anyway for your very kind offer. I do hope you and your family enjoyed your day and found all that you were looking for. So sorry once again for not getting back in touch.

Lou

Rosalinda

Rosalinda Report 31 May 2013 08:41

Liverpool library is modern and comfortable now it's been done up. Lots of people doing family tree research. I wish I could have had more time though. It goes so fast.

SueCar

SueCar Report 1 Jun 2013 02:33

Here's some good old maps to add into the pot, Rosegarland. I got these from someone on GR a few years ago. This one shows St Peter's C of E and St Peter's RC and they are not that far apart.
http://www.liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk/liverpoolaz/np1013.htm
You have to hover your mouse over the church buildings and the name appears.
Hope you had a brill time in Liverpool. I have still got one relative left in Everton. <3