Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Counties

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fredk

Fredk Report 21 May 2013 16:10

It would be handy if a poster was to give the county as well as the district.

Kense

Kense Report 21 May 2013 16:17

Sometimes districts straddle counties and even countries.

Maddie

Maddie Report 21 May 2013 16:17

totally agree, well at least an area and dates help to :-)

Fredk

Fredk Report 21 May 2013 16:24

Maddie

Agree dates as well

jax

jax Report 21 May 2013 16:30

Since doing this my knowledge of England has got better...Wales not sure about still....It's the small towns and villages which can be difficult, I normally end up googling.

It can also be tricky if there is more than one place with the same name, Like Royston or Newport to name a couple

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 22 May 2013 01:43

This has been suggested several times ............ and is included in at least one of the stickied "tips" threads

Unfortunately, people simply do not read any times, whether they are provided by GR, by members and stickied, or in posts like this one

It would certainly make our lives much easier if people did include counties and dates ........... and sometimes even the country!!

I used to think it was only men who didn't read instructions ................. but it now seems to be everybody :-D :-D :-D