Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

irish lemon.

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 27 May 2013 10:09

i'm looking for my granddad Robert lemon we know he was born in ballymoney, Ireland in dec 1935 and that he got married in Manchester and had two children,(my mum and uncle) the children were put up for adoption and we have no record of Robert since then. he could have gone anywhere but i'm not sure where to start, anyone got any ideas. thanks

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 May 2013 10:13

It would be best to add the request to your existing thread - it saves duplication. Sometimes you have to go sideways to go forwards.

A possible death was suggested there with the advice that you purchased the DC. If you have already done so and it isn't for your grandad, then you need to let the 'helpers' on the original thread know. They then might come up with some other suggestions

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1300231

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 27 May 2013 10:24

Cannot help - but love the thread title!!!!

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 27 May 2013 10:26

i have searched for a death ceft for him but haven't found one for him.

Reggie

Reggie Report 27 May 2013 10:27

Did you do anything about following the advice given on your other post about this name?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 May 2013 10:32

this was the one suggested

Name: Robert Lemmon
Birth Date: 2 Dec 1935
Date of Registration: Jan 1989
Age at Death: 53
Registration district: Manchester
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 38
Page: 948

You need to order from http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/ using the details as above. It will cost you £9.25 inc P&P payable by major credit or debit cards.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 27 May 2013 10:32

Robert Lemon married Lillian Nicholson Mar 1956 Manchester 10e 344
Katherine born 1956 & Stephen 1959

Given that Robert was reported to have been born 1935 he may still be alive.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 27 May 2013 10:37

thanks to everyone i never saw the dead ceft, looks like i have spend 15 years looking for my granddad and he died when was 4. there was an extra m in the lemon so never saw it. going to order the ceft and see if i can find who registered it and go from there.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 May 2013 10:43

This post is also from the other thread -

ValT on 18 May 2012 @ 09:03

Jennifer, if you search the trees on GR for the names you mention above you will find that there are 3 people with Robert 1935 in their tree. Also others have Stephen and Kathleen.
You should contact them and maybe they can help you.

Another lead to follow.

You could also order the Lemon/Nicholson MC as posted by NanaSue to confirm that it is the correct Robert Lemon - his fathers name should tally with the first marriage.

First Name ROBERT
Last Name LEMON
Gender M
Year 1956
Spouse NICHOLSON
Image Quarter 1 (ie Jan-Mar)
Country England
County Lancashire
District MANCHESTER
Volume 10E
Page 344

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 27 May 2013 10:44

This is so interesting - Please let us know the outcome

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 27 May 2013 11:00

i have the marriage for Robert and Lillian and Kathleen is my mum and Stephen is my uncle, the trouble we have is that Lillian was married at least 6 times and it looks like she never got a divorce and she also lied on all her marriage cefts, either with name or age. when Robert and Lillian split she married again and put the children up for adoption as her new husband didn't want the younger children but was happy to keep the older ones from another marriage that Lillian had had. am going to order the death ceft and go from there and see if i can find any family and maybe hunt down a photo. thank you to every one for there help

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 28 May 2013 07:28

Why on earth would anyone report this thread - how ridiculous :-P :-P

Gai

Gai Report 28 May 2013 07:53

NanaSue,

it could be because there is also a post on the Find Living Relatives board.

Gai

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 28 May 2013 08:12

Yes I know - but does it really matter.

I've read the T's & C's but still does it really matter - not one dot.

All it does is deter people from posting anything on the boards.

Has anybody noticed how slow it is these days.

Gai

Gai Report 28 May 2013 09:06

NanaSue,

I notice there is a green tick on the FLR board for the duplicate thread so may be whoever RR'd the post did so thinking that Jennifer had received the information she was requesting.

With the OP on this thread RR'd then it would stop others from wasting their time looking for information that was already found.

I guess the only way we will find out, if the person who RR'd the post owns up and tells us why.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 28 May 2013 09:28

hi nanasue and gai, still not 100% on using the site, have i done something wrong with the boards.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 May 2013 09:44

Jennifer - you'd forgotten that you started a thread on Find Living Relatives a year ago. Technically this one is a duplicate thread which is against GR's T&C. If it hadn't been realised early on people trying to help would have spent their own time repeating searches.

Just in case the 'Report' is upheld and this thread deleted your post of 27 May 2013 11:00 has been copied over to the FLR thread. Untick the 'Answered' button on that thread to reactivate it.

It really is best to stick to one thread per family/person where all information can be held in one place. Just like a conversation, a thread will often progress from the initial topic.

You can find a list of all threads you've created or posted on under 'My threads' to the left of any community board.

Although I can't spot it now, you had a seperate thread asking a generalised question about burials. As it turned out that person was Robert Lemmon, it should have been tacked on to one of the other threads about him

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 28 May 2013 09:55

can i ask if you reported the thread, i have deleted one of them as someone pointed it out to me.

CupCakes

CupCakes Report 28 May 2013 10:03

Jennifer - don't worry yourself - keep posting - you have done nothing wrong.

There are some people who take pleasure in telling people what they should or should not do. It's so scarey and off putting.

For those who complain about wasting their time - so what - I don't care less how many times a question is asked.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 May 2013 10:06

No Jennifer - I did not report your thread. On the rare occassion when I have reported one, I've posted that I have done so, giving the reason.

And can we please not turn this thread into a discussion into the pros and cons of posting duplicate threads? If someone wants to discuss this, perhaps a seperate thread could be created.

The most important topic at the moment is Jennifers search for her dad.