Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

  • The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records


  • New posts
  • No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Records beyond 2004?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date


AndyTG Report 1 Jun 2013 23:34

We have a number of relatives who have been married or had children in the last 10 years, Using the search engines it appears there are no records past 2004. Is there a 10 year legal restriction to this data? or could I use other genealogy sites. I have asked a few aunties directly for details but still waiting for years. One difficult example is we know a couple who lost a child at birth in last 3 months and feel my triva question of their marriage year should not be asked for directly or indirectly for a very long time.


jax Report 1 Jun 2013 23:51

You should find births and deaths up till at least 2006 and marriages 2005

They are not planning on adding anymore, but you will find the odd one on here past 2006


+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2013 00:59

You could try newspaper announcements on such as / or see if they are on facebook. They might have something in their profiles or conversations about their marriage/anniversary, or congratulations etc in the birth of a child.

If you were planning on adding living relatives to your tree on GR, do please ask their permission first. :-)


Joy Report 2 Jun 2013 08:07