Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Photos on Family Trees

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Katherine

Katherine Report 1 Jun 2013 23:43

Have Genes Reunited stopped Standard Members from viewing photos on family trees they have access to? I am sure I was able to see these in the old layout of family tree, but I can't seem to any longer.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2013 01:07

Since the introduction of the Keepsafe, there are a range of options allowing the viewing of attached photos.

Private. Not shared with anyone
Shared with everyone
Shared with your contacts
Shared with your friends and family

It's likely that the first option has been selected....it may even be the default setting to allow greater control.

LadyKira

LadyKira Report 2 Jun 2013 01:15

Photos are now in your keepsafe.
You can if you wish attach 1 photo to several individuals.
You are in control of your keepsafe and can allow people to view it and vice versa. There is an option on the keepsafe page,

LK

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Jun 2013 01:23

Information about the keepsafe and how to use it

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/help/faqs?key=393#Keepsafe

Katherine

Katherine Report 2 Jun 2013 11:58

Many thanks for the information. That would explain the change.