Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Born in France

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Annette

Annette Report 27 Jun 2013 20:05

Hi,
I've been doing some research on my husband's family and have found that his grandmother was born in France in 1900. I then found her on 1911 census and she was a pupil at a convent in Sussex. I was hoping to find her at home on the night, so I could find her mothers name, I already have her father's name from her marriage certificate.
Does anyone know how I can find her birth certificate?

MarieCeleste

MarieCeleste Report 27 Jun 2013 20:31

It depends where she was born Annette. There are some French records on ancestry worldwide and also on FamilySearch.

I take it her father wasn't in England for the 1911?

Annette

Annette Report 27 Jun 2013 20:49

Thanks for your suggestions, I will have a look.
I don't have much info on her parents yet, other than her fathers details on her marriage cert which says he was a soldier and deceased when she married in 1922