Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FREE AUSTRALIAN INDEX TO CONVICT RECORDS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gai

Gai Report 28 Jun 2013 01:54

The NSW State Records office has released the Convict Indents list the convicts transported to New South Wales. Search over 12,000 names listed in these records and view digital versions online. This latest convict database presently covers 1788-1801.
Early indents provide name, date and place of trial and sentence while the later indents usually contain more information such as a physical description, native place, age and crime.

http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/indexes-online/indexes-to-convict-records/index-to-early-convict-records/index-to-early-convict-records

Yay! found my missing Elizabeth Phillips :-D

Persephone

Persephone Report 28 Jun 2013 03:00

Thank for sharing this Gai on the Genealogy Research Assistance page on Facebook.

Persie

Gai

Gai Report 28 Jun 2013 05:56

Not a problem Persie.

I couldn't neglect the most important page on Facebook. ;-)

Renes

Renes Report 28 Jun 2013 09:41

great post Gai ...

enjoy your tim tams .....

x

Gai

Gai Report 28 Jun 2013 10:51

Renes,

I did enjoy my Tim Tam and a cup of Tea after dinner . :-D

Renes

Renes Report 29 Jun 2013 01:38

;-)