Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Making tree accessible to everyone in family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 18 Jul 2013 08:57

Most of my family don't know any information i put together and they don't have accounts on Ancestry or Genes etc and I doubt there fussed in making one, but how do I make my tree visible ONLINE for my family to easily see..?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2013 09:10

Set up your own website

Renes

Renes Report 18 Jul 2013 10:33

Or

Upload it to FamilySearch.org

https://familysearch.org/

and select Trees

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 18 Jul 2013 11:54

I have used TribalPages in the past.

http://www.tribalpages.com/

Chris

GenealogyResearchAssistance

GenealogyResearchAssistance Report 18 Jul 2013 12:23

On ancestry you can invite non members to view your tree. They follow the link and register as a free account and can view your tree.

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 18 Jul 2013 13:14

I thoroughly recommend Tribal Pages.
I have one set up for my father's side of the tree and one for my mother's, since our family is spread far and wide, both within UK, and in Australia, Canada and NZ and it is great for them to be able to see the tree online....and, by looking at it, often prompts them to remember some detail or other, or to send me a few photos to add!!
You can make it a public site, or set it up as private by limiting access to only those you invite.

Karen

JohnDoe

JohnDoe Report 18 Jul 2013 17:59

Thanks for the help!!